Goldie Iron ™ it comes in five types of powder – colors.
Goldie Cherry Iron ™ – color silver-cherry,
Goldie Red Iron ™ – the color of silver-coppery,
Goldie Sunset Iron ™ – color silve-bronze,
Goldie White Iron ™ – the color of iron,
Goldie Yellow Iron – silver-yellowish color.
The powders, in addition to iron, which is the main component consists of metals such as brass, copper, bronze.
● Put the all amount of powder into a jar or bowl.
● Add about a dozen drops of water or spray in a little water and mix well with a knife or spoon, adding more water as required, until you get a clay of a plasticine like consistency.
● Roll the lump clay out thinly and fold over. Roll again, rolling away from the fold. Repeat this action several times. This is very important to ensure that all the air is removed from the clay and to get a smooth consistency before using. Insert into a plastic bag and wait for 30 minutes.
● To join elements in Goldie Iron™ clay mix a little powder with water to make a paste. Elements can also be joined with the water only method in the same way as silver clay.
● Pieces can be dried naturally or by using heat, e.g. on a hotplate or in a dehydrator. Dry at 90°C (195°F) or lower. Higher temperatures may cause cracking, and the creation of steam bubbles.
● Remember to always clean your tools well between using different types of metal clay to avoid cross contamination. The above comment does not apply to metals from the Goldie Metal™ line, because you can mix them together with Mokume Gane, or other techniques. See ( www.goldieclay.com) FAQ for detailed description.
● Ensure the clay is completely dry before firing. Any moisture will boil and ruin the piece.
● In the two-stage firing, follow the table:
● Fired pieces can be removed from the kiln hot or cold.
Do not breathe in the powder or ingest Goldie Iron™. Always use the appropriate safety equipment when working with a hot kiln and fire in a well ventilated area. Goldie Iron™ is non toxic and does not contain any harmful chemicals. There have been no reports of any allergic reaction to Goldie Iron™, however people with allergies should be aware of the possibility of a reaction and use with care.
(c) 2016 GOLDIE CLAY ART STUDIO www.goldieclay.com